Wow. We’ve passed an anniversary. This time last year, I made fun of the Oscars for the first time on my blog. Here we are again. One year later. Same event. Different movies. Has anything really changed?
Last year I said there was only one way to watch the Oscars. With cynicism and at 11:15 for 15 minutes. Last night I called The Informinator and scolded her for not watching every moment. What has happened to me? I’m escaping the stress of moving and running school fundraisers by watching people who bring their body parts to the Oscars like pets to be admired. Good grief.
So here’s my too-involved take on 2012.
- Ben Stiller and Billy Crystal standing on each other’s shoulders are still shorter than the average man.
- Christopher Plummer should stick to white gloves and Julie Andrews.
- Super Duper Loud and Seriously Close might have won were it not for the Terribly Confusing and Awfully Disconcerting title.
- Angelina Jolie is actually already dead and they exhumed her body and hologrammed her in for that presentation. There’s no way that skinny ghost was still alive. I was aghast. Really, ask Todd. AGHAST.
- Robyn Porch made the pie in the opening movie montage. I went to tiny little Florida College with Robyn. How cool is that?
- The Artist? Really? A SILENT FILM? There’s a reason they did away with silent films. It’s called MICROPHONES. Talkies, people. You don’t step back 100 years just to be cute. I don’t cook over a fire now. Why would I do that? I have a cook top. When I do cook over a fire, my marshmallow ALWAYS catches on fire. I think my point is made.
- There were only 2 songs up for Best Song. What’s up with that? Muppet or Man vs. the Rio song? Were there no songs written in adult movies this last year? That’s just weird.
- JLo. I know you got it going on and stuff, but showing half your boobs does not make them more attractive. In fact, they looked kinda smashy and weird and I’m sure you paid $500,000 for that one dress, but I hate to tell you: It wasn’t worth that. Also, put a jacket on.
And the Moscars (that’s Missy’s Oscar) go to:
Best Picture: The Muppet Movie
Best Actor: Walter in the Muppet Movie. He is up and coming, I’m pretty sure.
Best Actress: DEFINITELY Viola Davis. DEFINITELY.
Best Original Score: Mario Galaxy Soundtrack for the Wii. Really perky stuff.
9 thoughts on “2nd Annual Missy Wraps up the Oscars”
Well. I guess we’re just going to have to agree to disagree about nearly every point you made. (I will not contest that Robyn Porch made the pie in question.)
I hate to say this..but I saw the Artist. I really liked The Artist. (Yes, I was apprehensive at first, but I was drawn in and really enjoyed it.)
If Walter is Jim Parson’s then yes, one of the funniest guys ever, have you ever watched Big Bang Theory? I watch the episodes that aren’t raunchy, and he is HILARIOUS.
he’s really cantankerous these days, don’t you think? I agree with you on most all of your points although I’m about out of the Muppet game lately. 🙂
sorry! I was referring to UncleJeffy! hee hee
Actually, I thought he was pretty polite about that, in light of the fact that he disagrees with me entirely. 🙂
I thought you were going to say that Robyn made the pie in “The Help.” Have to see that movie after reading the book. Maybe it will be out on DVD soon!
I’m pretty sure I’m a little jealous of Angie’s leg….
Helloooo. You didn’t even mention the Christopher Guest skit you chastised me for missing.