- Got up right at 8. That may sound late to you, but I felt pretty good about it.
- Made breakfast for 4 famished orphans, for myself, and for 13 chickens.
- Worked on bible lessons and memory verses before 10 a.m.
- Worked out with 7 of the fittest people on the planet. They kept saying things like, “Keep your tummy tucked in nice and tight” while I responded, heaving, “If I could do THAT, I wouldn’t be doing this stupid video!” My million dollar idea that I will not actually carry out is an exercise video variation of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Instead of you having to work out to those 7 super fit snobs, you could work out with me (working out with them) as I mock them for the dumb exercise-elitest things they say. Instead of wearing tight black pants and a sports bra, I’d be wearing my floppy cut off gym pants and a large t-shirt. You’d like working out with me.
- Did 5 loads of laundry and actually put it away.
- Changed my own sheets. Such joy in clean sheets.
- Facilitated the kids’ chores. I did not actually have to do them for them.
- Walked around downtown antique shops and bought a bunch of black and white photos that made me laugh.
- Got suckered into buying carwash products at a gas station.
- Used all car wash products upon arriving at home, just to see how stupid I truly am. I fully expect the van to have no paint in the morning. Or be dirtier than it was to start with. But actually it seemed to do a pretty good job. Maybe this time, I will not end up beating myself about the head and neck.
- Ate the finest meal I’ve had lately, compliments of the male chef who lives in my home. Tilapia with some sort of dreamy sauce drizzled on it (even MAMA’S BOY ate and liked…you have NO idea what this really says about the fish!), steak, potatoes au gratin, and cabbage plucked from our garden this morning. If you add enough bacon to something, even cabbage can taste like heaven.
- Did more laundry.
- Hunted racoons. Did not get one or even see one. You know what they say, “a hunted raccoon never shows up…”
- Questioned my decision to raised 10 extra chickens. Tried to remember what my initial thought was. There is an 80% chance that this experiment will end in utter catastrophe.
- Made people take baths/showers.
- Walked 20 more minutes on the treadmill, out of guilt over what I ate for dinner.
This was a super full, extremely satisfying day. I am bone tired. And happy.
I think 2013 is my year. I haven’t written down my resolutions, but I have been living them so far. I think the reason I haven’t been blogging is that I’ve been trying to take living a little more seriously. My general goal for the year is to be a better, truer me. To keep my promises, which means promising more carefully. To remember important events and people. To focus on what matters and let the little stuff go. To read the bible. To create…not people, but words and art and anything that comes to mind. Definitely not people, though. To get fit, even if it means suffering through hours and hours of really annoying people who think everyone can salsa dance as easily as they can. To live without regrets.
So far, so good. But the chicken thing is still out there.
3 thoughts on “Today I…”
…and the pig “thing is still out there.”
Sounds good to me! Love you bunches!!!
phew – you did have a good productive day and what dad would say a “good tired” feeling. I feel guilty…I did nothing..but I did think about it!! LOL Blessings – Patty